Although Gray & Adams has always been able to supply rigid bodies for 3.5 tonne operations, market trends prompted the company to develop a lightweight body priced to compete in this market sector. Along with the introduction of insulated panel van line-outs, this further added to Gray & Adams appeal as a manufacturer as it means that the company can now offer the full range of temperature-controlled products, from panel vans right through to twin deck trailers.
The manufacturing process for 3.5 tonne box bodies can take two routes. The first is for Gray & Adams to bespoke design and build a body that will be tailored specifically to the customer’s individual requirement. By approaching the manufacture of the 3.5 tonne box with the same philosophy and expertise that is applied to the manufacture of larger vehicles and trailers, Gray & Adams can meet the specific needs of each customer’s operational requirement.
The second option, which has proven popular for this small box body, is that Gray & Adams can mass produce a number of boxes for 3.5 tonne operations of identical specification. This means that there will be more restricted choice, but this is obviously more cost-effective, and depending on chassis availability, the completed vehicle could be on the road in a matter of days. This box comes with double or treble rear doors, a single side door, pullout steps and 60 mm insulation as standard. Ancillary equipment, such as interior shelving and racking systems (fixed or removable), load restraint systems and artic curtains for improved temperature-control can be retrofitted.
Key Features of the Gray & Adams 3.5 Tonne Refrigerated Box Body:
- Single or multi-temperature configurations for frozen, chilled or ambient operations
- GRP interior / exterior skins with white aluminium cappings
- Anti-slip polyester floor surface
- Full height and width double or treble rear door options, with stainless steel rear frame
- Side and rear step options
- A range of interior bulkheads, twin evaporator systems, shelving and load restraint options are available
- Option of PVC artic curtains to help retain temperatures
- Electric standby facility available for overnight refrigeration
- Suitable for use with pallets and roll cages
- Increase longevity as the body can be remounted onto a second chassis
- Potential payload of 1000kg on certain chassis
- Modifications available for displaying products for sales operations
For more information on our home delivery please contact us.