30 Aug Buyer / Expeditor | Dunfermline
Are you a proactive buyer/expeditor from a manufacturing background looking to work for an industry-leading company with a reputation for quality and innovation? Do you have a passion for sustainable procurement? If so, Gray & Adams Dunfermline have an exciting opportunity for a buyer/expeditor to join our team.
You will share responsibility for the purchasing of materials from various suppliers which adhere to production deadlines. This will include but not be limited to:
- Procurement / purchasing of goods and materials in line with production dates
- Expediting placed orders
- Ensure material supply levels are within agreed stock levels as to meet the daily production requirements
- Ensure materials costings are relevant and up-to-date
- Inspect supplies for quality and accuracy
- Work pro-actively to avoid potential shortages due to supplier delivery delay
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role:
- A proactive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with people at all levels in the business
- Enthusiastic and able to get things done
- Able to work in a pressurised fast paced environment.
- Ability to work to financial and time-sensitive constraints
- Previous experience in a purchasing role would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and Sage1000
- Awareness of factory environment and health and safety requirements may also be an advantage
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry. Recent awards include winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list.
These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday per annum
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing
- Full-time (39 hours)
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams,
Lyneburn Industrial Estate,