01 Jun Engineer
Job Specification – Engineer
An exciting opportunity has opened for an Engineer to join an award winning hard working company with a reputation for quality, innovation and first class customer service? Do you have knowledge of how fabricated components are manufactured and designed? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Gray & Adams Fraserburgh are currently looking for an experienced and professional Engineer to join our established technical team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking to move to a progressive company. The focus of the role is product design and development together with operational problem solving.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements as Engineer
- Generate concept designs for new projects – Engineering analysis, design and schematics
- Prepare detailed drawings of new concepts for review and approval
- Design prototype components for test and development. Monitor and record the materials and equipment required ensuring maximum efficiency in production.
- Liaise with manufacturing team, buyers and customers to effect timely creation of designs once concepts are approved
- Provide technical assistance including motivating and encouraging design team members to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Produce engineering reports detailing technical work carried out
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
- Good Team Player
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on approach
Essential or Desirable experience – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- Degree Qualified in Engineering or HND with Equivalent engineering experience – Essential
- Design experience using software packages – Essential
- Experience of Automotive Industry, Transport Equipment or specialist vehicles – Desirable
- Experience in engineering environment – Desirable
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday per annum
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams,