01 Jun Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
Job Specification – Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
Gray & Adams Dunfermline have an exciting opportunity within the business for an Environmental Health and Safety Advisor. Are you looking for the opportunity to join an award winning hard working company with a reputation for quality, innovation and first class customer service? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! We are looking for someone who shares our passions and wants to contribute to our continued success.
We want to talk to you, if you have recently qualified with a NEBOSH Diploma or you are a Degree qualified Occupational Health & Safety Management graduate; ideally with 1-2 years post qualification experience. You will be supported by our external consultant, who is an expert in Occupational Health & Safety Management, Chartered Member of IOSH, Associate member of IEMA and registered on the UK Governments (OHSCR) list of accredited consultants. They will collaborate with you remotely and on the premises, when required. Our consultant will function as Gray & Adams ‘Competent person’ under the Management of the Health & Safety Regulations 1999, until you receive sufficient supervision, instruction, and training to be confident in assuming this role.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements
- Ensuring a safe workplace environment.
- Managing and monitoring of occupational health surveillance.
- Leading on Health & Safety improvements and initiatives including the continual attainment of ISO9001/14001 & 45001 accreditation.
- Ensuring completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensuring that safety inspections are conducted and recorded.
- On-going improvements to our environmental management/performance.
- Ensuring that we meet our environmental regulatory obligations.
- Setting achievable environmental objectives.
- Establishing a full programme of documented Health & Safety inspections, audits and checks and facilitate internal audits including ISO9001/14001 & 45001, LOLER, COSHH, MHOR & PUWER
- Establishing and delivery of a suite of mandatory Health & Safety training programmes and ensuring accurate training records are maintained across the company.
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
- Self-motivation and a willingness to learn
- A focus and interest in Environmental Management/Affiliate membership of ‘Institute of Environmental Management Association’ working towards Associate membership; ideally within 12-24 months (IEMA)
- Graduate membership or working towards, the ‘Institute of Occupational Safety & Health’ (IOSH); ideally within 12-24 months
- Strong, professional communication skills
Environment Health and Safety Advisor required experience – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- Fully qualified NEBOSH Diploma or Degree Qualified in Occupational Health & Safety Management
- NEBOSH National Fire Safety Certificate – Desired
- Environmental qualification – Desired
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday per annum
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing Support
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams,
Lyneburn Industrial Estate,