21 Jul Management Accountant
Due to organisational growth Gray & Adams Fraserburgh are looking for a Management Accountant to join the team. The Management Accountant will support the Group Company Accountant who is responsible for the accounting, treasury and taxation matters for the Gray & Adams group entities. The Management Accountant will play a key role in supporting the Group Company Accountant with these matters and for supporting the local and national finance teams in order to achieve the group’s goals.
This role would suit a newly qualified accountant with a desire to be involved in all manners of business financial management. The successful candidate would need to be a self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving and a good team worker. Ultimately this role would be a key support for the Group Company Accountant with the expectation to be able to deputise when required.
If you are ready to join an award winning, hard working company with a reputation for quality, innovation and first class customer service, then we want to talk to you!
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements as Management Accountant:
- Responsible for the preparation of the Fraserburgh monthly management accounts following UK GAAP principles, whilst suggesting areas for improvement in order to ensure that monthly accounts are easy to understand, with any anomalies being clearly communicated.
- Ensure that the fixed asset register is maintained whilst ensuring additions and disposals are recorded in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with standards.
- Maintain the company’s finance system to a high standard, ensuring the correct allocation of transactions across nominal codes.
- Ensure that data / analysis required for annual statutory audit is supplied in a timely manner and support the Group Company Accountant to complete audit in accordance with the timetable.
- Liaising with national entity finance managers when applicable to ensure that group management accounts are all following the same reporting standards and intercompany transactions are consistent.
- Preparation of annual budget in conjunction with the Group Company Accountant and reporting on variances throughout the following year.
- Prepare and/or support in the preparation of reconciliations and analysis with relevant appropriate backup and critical analysis of the balances.
- Support the wider Fraserburgh accounts team with daily/weekly/monthly tasks where required for ensuring the integrity of the AR, AP and treasury functions.
- Pro-actively identify/support process improvement opportunities and help to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working.
- Support the business with annual insurance renewal process.
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required, which may include travel to other group entities
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
- Able to demonstrate ability to work as part of a small team and wider business stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and initiative, challenging the status quo with new ideas and improvements.
- Performance focus, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills. Strives to improve, learn and utilise feedback.
- Anticipates potential problems and works to overcome them.
- Pro-active and constructive communication with all stakeholders (directors, legal, tax, auditors).
- Good time management skills – ability to independently, plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
Management Accountant required experience – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance and qualified with the ACCA/ICAS/CIMA (or equivalent) or in final stages of achieving qualification.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Ability to work with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of running reports and data extraction for input in to Excel models.
- Highly detail oriented with ability to organise workload
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday per annum
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Preferential rates on servicing, MOT and Bodyshop (Fraserburgh only).
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams,