07 Sep Managing Director (Dunfermline)
Managing Director Gray & Adams (Dunfermline) Ltd
A role of extraordinary scope and potential, a prominent industry leading business in the pursuit of finding a Managing Director for Gray and Adams Dunfermline Ltd, in Dunfermline, Fife Scotland.
As Managing Director, you will shadow the current Managing Director with the intention to succeed this role in May 2023. From May 2023, you will have the opportunity to make this role your own, managed by you, driven by you but supported by a team of experts.
To ensure your personal success you will be supported by and report to the Group Managing Directors, based at the head office in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire and you will work closely with the Managing Directors at our Depots in Doncaster and Northern Ireland.
Take control of your future!
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business with over 750 employees’ group wide over 4 sites. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Responsibilities as Managing Director:
- As Managing Director, you will have full Profit & Loss responsibility for the company, agreeing budgets and meeting targeted profit expectations.
- You will oversee and manage all functions of Gray & Adams (Dunfermline) Ltd, making strategic decisions to ensure continued business success.
- Monitor and Implement Company Policies and procedures to ensure legal guidelines are met and adhered to throughout all levels of the business.
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
Essential Criteria and attributes
- Experience in a Managing Director role or other senior managerial position, ideally in the commercial vehicle sector.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial flair and commitment to adding value to the business.
- Exceptional leadership, business interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- As least five years sales experience with a proven track record of managing key accounts and the ability to establish and maintain the confidence of new and existing customers
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Experience in setting business goals/strategies, time lines, plans and financial targets.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Law, Employment Law and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Experience in managing a large workshop or production facility
- Degree level qualification is desirable but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate extensive and relevant experience consistent with what is required to perform the role of Managing Director
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- A highly competitive remuneration and benefits package
- 33 Days Holiday per annum
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Company Car or Car Allowance
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Please apply in writing enclosing your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Closing Date Tuesday 31st January 2023
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Lyneburn Industrial Estate,