24 Feb Payroll Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover – 12 months)
Gray & Adams Fraserburgh are looking for an experienced Payroll Co-ordinator to join the team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail and will be responsible for all weekly payroll activities for a subsidiary business.
The role will ensure the collation of all necessary information and documents, providing timely and accurate payroll processing in line with government regulations. Resolving payroll queries efficiently and effectively.
The Job holder will also be responsible for the electronic data capture system used to collate and verify employee time keeping data.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested to undertake, then we would love you to be part of the Gray & Adams team.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements
- Manage the smooth running of all weekly payroll related activities
- Ensure accuracy of all wage and salary payments before processing
- Send authorised payments via the BACS system
- Ensure all arrestment’s or deductions are processed on a weekly basis
- Manage pension payments
- Preparation of statutory payroll returns and onward submission
- Maintain record keeping within payroll department
- Recording employee holidays
- Answering questions and resolving any payroll queries that may arise
- Manage the smooth running of the electronic data capture system
- Amend and adjust any clocking’s and time booked to jobs from daily reports
- Liaise with line managers regarding any employee timesheet queries
- Ensure accuracy of the timesheet reports before passing to payroll
- Supply necessary sub-contractors with timesheet reports
- Maintain new starts and leavers on the data capture system
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role:
- To be able to treat all payroll information in the strictest of confidence
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work flexibly under guidance
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work with personnel from all levels and demonstrate good diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Confident and desire to improve their skillset and ability
Payroll Co-ordinator required experience:
- Proven experience in payroll or a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of legislation relevant to payroll
- Ability to plan and control activities effectively
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work closely with departments across the whole organisation
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams,
Please return your application PDF via email or post.
Or choose to complete the application online.