05 Sep Trailer Maintenance & Repair Apprentice – Northern Ireland
Gray & Adams Ireland now have fantastic opportunities for Trailer Maintenance & Repair Apprentices for their busy vehicle workshop located in Newtownabbey. This apprenticeship will be delivered in partnership with Transport Training Services to gain an Institute of Motor Industry Level 2 Diploma in Trailer Maintenance.
As an Apprentice you will join a well-established team who will provide you with training and support to gain the key knowledge and skills you will need to succeed in your qualification and establish yourself as a valued member of the Manufacturing team. When you are not on training, you will be working on improving your practical skills within the workshop.
To qualify for funding under this Apprenticeship NI Program, Applicants must be under 25.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements as Trailer Maintenance & Repair Apprentices
- Undertaking repair work on all types of commercial vehicles, trailers and tail-lifts in accordance with company procedures and standards;
- Support the compliance with legal and statutory requirements;
- Achieving a high quality of workmanship and attention to detail at all times;
- Achieving good housekeeping and adhering to the company’s health and safety policies;
- Achieving proficiency in all aspects of servicing and maintenance, as per Gray & Adams procedures.
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
- Attention to details
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
Trailer Maintenance & Repair Apprentice – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent in Maths and English
- Relevant industry experience i.e. automotive manufacturing or experience in an industry dealing with technical or transport products desirable but not essential
- A basic technical understanding of vehicles and trailers desirable but not essential.
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday per annum
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing
So… What happens next?
For further details on the application process and programme eligibility please contact Robert Deignan, Careers Development Officer, at Transport Training Services on 07736 958355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams