22 Jun Service Workshop Operative – Northern Ireland
Job Specification – Service Workshop Operative
Are you looking for the opportunity to join an award winning hard working company with an established reputation for quality, innovation and first class customer service? Do you have the passion, determination and skills to deliver a high level of workmanship and customer satisfaction? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Gray & Adams Ireland are currently looking for a Service Workshop Operative to join our team. The overall purpose of the job is to service and repair refrigerated trailers and truck bodies in accordance with company procedures and standards. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking to establish their career within a market leading, progressive company.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements as Service Workshop Operative:
- Undertaking service and maintenance work on all types of commercial vehicles, trailers and tail-lifts in accordance with company procedures and standards;
- Ensuring compliance with a legal and statutory requirements;
- Maintaining a high quality of workmanship and attention to detail at all times;
- Maintaining good housekeeping and adhering to the company’s health and safety policies;
- Achieving and maintaining proficiency in all aspects of servicing and maintenance, as per Gray & Adams procedures.
Essential or Desirable experience – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- Be a fitter/mechanic with a minimum of 3 years’ experience;
- Be experienced in trailer and vehicle body servicing including running gear;
- Be familiar with BPW systems;
- Be prepared to work flexible hours and share 24/7 breakdown cover (1 week in 4);
- Have basic knowledge of commercial vehicle/trailer electrics;
- Possess basic knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety at Work;
- Be able to work to deadlines to complete tasks on time and within allocated hours;
- Be able to work co-operatively within a team environment;
- Be able to contribute to improving productivity;
- Have a valid driving license;
- Be able to work flexibility as required.
- Have a City & Guilds Craft Certificate / completed NVQ 3 in Engineering;
- Manufacturer certified to service commercial vehicle/trailer suspension, brakes etc.;
- Have experience in the use of computerised manufacturer test/diagnostic programs;
- Hold a current HGV Class 1 driving license;
- Hold a current Forklift License.
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday pro rata to 4-day week
- Competitive Hourly rate dependant on experience level
- Discretionary bonus
- Additional earning potential through overtime
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development Opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing Support
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Please contact our Recruitment Team to request an application form. Closing date for completed application forms is 29th July 2022 at 1.00pm.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Northern Ireland without Sponsorship.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams