18 Jan Manufacturing Operative | Northern Ireland
Job Specification – Manufacturing Operative
Are you looking for the opportunity to join an award winning hard working company with an established reputation for quality, innovation and first class customer service? Do you have the passion, determination and skills to deliver a high level of workmanship and customer satisfaction? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Gray & Adams (Ireland) Ltd are currently looking for a range of skilled trade persons, including coachbuilders, mechanics, welders, electricians, joiners and plumbers, to join our expanding team of Manufacturing Operatives. The overall purpose of the job is to build insulated and refrigerated trailers and truck bodies in accordance with company procedures and standards. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking to establish their career within a market leading, progressive company.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. For over 60 years, our expert teams have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements as Manufacturing Operative:
- Assembly of Trailer / Truck bodies in line with company procedures and drawings, within the allocated hours;
- Maintaining a high quality of workmanship and attention to detail at all times;
- Maintaining good housekeeping and adhering to the company’s health and safety policies;
- Achieving and maintaining proficiency in all aspects of coach/ body building as per Gray & Adams procedures.
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
Essential or Desirable experience – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- Qualified apprenticeship such as coachbuilder, mechanic, welder, electrician, plumber, joiner or similar;
- Capable of safely and efficiently using a variety of hand, machine and air tools;
- Possess basic knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety at Work;
- Able to accurately interpret basic engineering drawings;
- Be able to work to deadlines to complete tasks on time;
- Be able to work co-operatively in a team environment;
- Be able to contribute to improving productivity;
- Possess a valid driving licence.
- Hold a current Forklift Licence;
- Hold a Crane Operator Licence;
- Have completed First Aid Training;
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle/trailer electrics:
- Hold a current HGV Class 1 driving licence.
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday pro rata for 4-day week
- Competitive hourly rate depending on experience
- High earning potential through overtime or bonus
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing Support
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Please contact our Recruitment Team to request an application form.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Northern Ireland without Sponsorship.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams