We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious, motivated and dedicated Workshop Operative to work in our highly successful depot in Newtownabbey.
The overall purpose of this job is to complete the wiring of 12v & 24v truck bodies and trailer chassis / bodies internal & external body wiring following company procedures and standards maintaining a high quality of workmanship and attention to detail at all times. Maintaining good housekeeping and adhering to the company’s health and safety policies. Achieving and maintaining proficiency in all aspects of coach/ body building as per Gray & Adams procedures.
The successful applicant must have:
- a minimum 3 years’ experience of the commercial vehicle industry and have a basic knowledge of 12v & 24v truck & trailer electrical circuits.
- Have at least one year’s experience of using a range of hand and air tools.
- Possess basic knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety at Work.
- Able to accurately interpret basic engineering and electrical drawings.
- Be able to work to deadlines to complete tasks on time.
- Be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Be able to contribute to improving productivity.
- Have a driving licence.
- Be available to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
Preference may be given to those applicants who:
- Have a knowledge of tail lift wiring and fault finding.
- Crane Operator Licence.
- Forklift Licence.
- Completed basic First Aid Training.
- Previous experience of working on temperature-controlled equipment.
The above essential criteria are the minimum levels required for the post. On receipt of significant numbers of applications, desirable criteria may be used to shortlist in order to reach a manageable number of applicants for interview. Please note that we reserve the right to enhance the criteria to aid short listing.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd October at 4pm.
Please submit your application and CV using the button below.