01 Jan Welder
Job Specification – Welder
Are you a Welder looking for the opportunity to join an award winning, hardworking company with a reputation for quality, innovation, and first class customer service? Do you have the passion and determination to carry out an excellent level of workmanship? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Due to continued business success, we are currently looking for an experienced Welder to join our team of Manufacturing operatives at Gray & Adams Fraserburgh. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking to move to a progressive company.
Gray & Adams is the UK market-leader in the manufacture of specialist temperature controlled and bespoke vehicles. Founded in 1957, we are a long-established, family-owned business. As we enter our 65th year in business, we are recognised as pioneers of innovation in the refrigerated transport industry, recently winning the “Family Business” and “Business of the year 2022” awards at the “Northern Star Business Awards 2022” and taking “63rd place” in the insiders Top 500 Scottish Companies list. These achievements are a credit to our expert teams who have been the key to our success, designing and building exceptional products that are well engineered and of a supreme build quality. Our customers are at the core of everything we do, and this commitment has facilitated our success and growth. Our team works incredibly hard and their dedication to staying innovative and always looking for a better way, is integral to the considerable success and growth we have achieved together.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.
Key Job Requirements
- Carry out all work tasks in a safe and responsible manner and adhere to company health and safety policies
- Produce Welded chassis from in house manufactured components
- Contribute with the delivery of the departments production plan through operating in the manner trained to fulfil the allocated times given
- Carry out tasks and manufacture items to the predetermined quality standards
- Report any issues with allocated times or issues which may hinder the plan
- Identify and report any actual or potential health and safety related issues
- Clean and maintain all equipment including welders and air fed welding hoods
Skills We Think Will Help You Succeed In this Role
- Must be able to work within a team and with minimum supervision
- Must be competent in reading drawings
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
Essential or Desirable experience – If you’ve got it, we want it!
- Produce high standard of workmanship – Essential
- Welding Experience – Essential
- Flux Core Welding – Desirable
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment – Desirable
- Previous experience in a high-volume work output – Essential
Sound good? Keep on reading and apply today!
What You Will Receive from Us!
- 33 Days Holiday per annum (28 days average holiday pay & 5 days basic pay)
- Excellent rates of pay + overtime opportunities
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing Support
- Full company PPE Provided
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manager.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
Please send your CV via email or post to:
Gray & Adams,
Please return your application PDF via email or post.
Or choose to complete the application online.